What We Do
Franklin County's vision is to provide responsible, efficient, and effective government that delivers outstanding public services through innovative leadership and sound fiscal management, and improves the quality of life for the residents of Franklin County.
The mission of the Benefits and Wellness Department is to provide health and wellness program benefits to members of the Franklin County Cooperative Health Improvement Program with the ultimate goal of improving the physical and emotional health of our members.
Our goal is to develop and administer sustainable health and wellness benefit programs that optimize quality, access and cost effectiveness, and is responsive to and valued by plan participants. Our wish is to advance the health status of Franklin County Cooperative Health Improvement Program members through data-driven, evidence-based wellness programs.
The strategic objective is to:
- Combat complacency in unhealthy behaviors;
- Lift barriers that prohibit behavioral changes;
- Promote and instill inter-agency communications and cooperation;
- Reduce the prevalence of obesity, while increasing workforce fitness;
- Support the workforce through lifestyle change phases;
- Act as a good steward with public funds and influence/address cost drivers that impact the Health and Wellness Programs;
- Effectively educate and communicate to members Health and Wellness Programs.